Monday, November 27, 2017 at 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Curl Troy World Headquarters

Updated time to 6pm. Sorry for the second invite.

  1. 1

    Committee Updates

    Jason Hillard, Director

    (10 minutes)

    Updates from standing committees to include each venue at a minimum as well as BOH.

    1. 1.1

      Treasurers Update

      Stephanie Clingan, Director/Treasurer

      (5 minutes)

      Minutes

      Card readers purchased and on hand for use.  Mike was given one reader.  Additional reader and contactless reader with Steph.

    2. 1.2

      RiverScape Update

      Jason Hillard, Director

      Minutes

      Jason is providing weekly updates to RS staff in an effort to target marketing from them as needed.  Currently Tuesday league is light, very light.  Thursday league is full.  Jason is still looking and working to find people to take point for each night of these leagues.

      Jason is meeting with Mel who seemed all in for taking control of broomstacking again.  Hoping to work with Lock 27 to do broomstacking there.  So far Brixx and Lock 27 have been difficult at best to get ahold of.

      Marketing is going well, we can attribute about 70% of our sign ups to our marketing campaign.  Bruce provided some stats, and is on track to be under his target budget for marketing of these LTC events of $500.

      Online ticketing is being used and folks will need to check in with our host each night when they arrive for the LTC.  Bruce and Steph will manage check in and teaching people how to do it as well as providing access to the eventbrite account as needed.

    3. 1.3

      Springfield Update

      Bruce Clingan, Director/President

      Minutes

      Nothing new at Springfield

      Bruce will have Superfriendly announcement out hopefully by Jan 1 (earlier to our members).  Registration will be by team this year with Arena vs Dedicated being the plan.  Teams may register for either arena or dedicated as long as 1/2 of the team is from that particular type of club.  Curl Troy members are encouraged to register to participate in this event early as we believe it will be very popular with the rest of the region, we have had several inquiries.  This event is our opportunity to play on good ice at home and isn't geared towards making money or being a host to everyone else.  We want Curl Troy teams playing as much as feasable.

      Bruce is considering asking about doing another SuperFriendly type event over summer months to be a type of internal bonspiel.  We may only open this up to our curlers with some select guest invitations, and the club may consider covering some or all of the costs for the ice on this event for our members.

    4. 1.4

      LTC/Olympic Push Update

      To discuss needs and progress of LTC's coming and Olympic Push programming.

      I want to ensure we are all on the same page regarding expectations at the LTC's and that our membership knows the end goal is to grow membership.  We expect our folks to go to Brixxs and sell our club.

      Minutes

      Broomstacking and follow up are key.  Jason and Mike are working together to gear follow up messaging to go out to each group after the LTC events. 

      Broomstacking should be considered mandatory for our club members at these LTC events.  Members are expected to broomstack with new curlers and not stay in a Curl Troy group.  Make our folks feel welcome, encourage them to sign up for our new rookie memberships and the leagues.  Payment and registration will be done on site.

      Curl Troy will have someone to greet people at the broomstacking location each night.

  2. 2

    Insurance Renewal

    Bruce Clingan, Director/President

    Insurance renewal is upon us.  Attached documents provide detailed information

     

    MUST TAKE ACTION THIS MEETING

    Minutes

    We will renew the USCA policy.  Had discussion about waivers and other insurance needs.

    Approved

    Motioned: Jason Hillard, Director

    Seconded: Mike Harwat, Director/Vice President

    VoterYesNoAbstaining
    Stephanie Clingan, Director/TreasurerX  
    Mike Harwat, Director/Vice PresidentX  
    Jason Hillard, DirectorX  
    Bruce Clingan, Director/PresidentX  
    Aaron Prine, DirectorX  
  3. 3

    Membership Expansion Discussion

    Bruce Clingan, Director/President

    (30 minutes)

    This will serve to confirm the evote for membership expansion options to include the following proposed options.  Because of the time sensitive nature and the requirement to get materials ready for signups during LTC events this needs to be decided prior to meeting.

     

    Rookie Membership

    Member of Curl Troy (Voting Rights)

    Member of GLCA

    Member of USCA

    RiverScape Rec League

    Springfield Spring League

    Curl Troy Member Discounts

    Access to Rookie Merch Package

    Pins at Cost

    Must have never been member before targeted at RiverScape LTC participants

     

    Regular Cost of Items $520

    Cost of Membership $300


     

    Winter Season Membership

    Member of Curl Troy (Voting Rights)

    Member of GLCA

    Member of USCA

    RiverScape Rec League or Competitive League

    Springfield Spring League

    Curl Troy Member Discounts

    Pins at Cost

     

    Regular Cost of Items $520

    Cost of Membership $400

     

    Minutes

    Approved as discussed.  Rookie membership will be open to those who haven't been a member or have curled 3 or fewer leagues with us.

    Membership will be done through eventbrite.  We are eating the eventbrite and processing costs for these.

    Approved

    Motioned: Bruce Clingan, Director/President

    Seconded: Jason Hillard, Director

    VoterYesNoAbstaining
    Stephanie Clingan, Director/TreasurerX  
    Mike Harwat, Director/Vice PresidentX  
    Jason Hillard, DirectorX  
    Bruce Clingan, Director/PresidentX  
    Aaron Prine, DirectorX  
  4. 4

    BOH Updates - Executive Session

    Bruce Clingan, Director/President

    (30 minutes)

    This is to discuss pending changes to the direction of Build our House.  Board will decide announcement schedule for these changes, and may take this out of executive session if desired.

    Minutes

    BOH discussions centered around a restructure of that process and around the need to be agile enough to consider some recent property that has been presented to us.  A restructure plan was discussed and approved but implementation is still being ironed out.

    At this point in time the board is actively working to restructure BOH with direct oversight shifting to the board and a BOH chair being part of the advisory board.  BOH committees will likely be dismantled and reformed into a singular BOH committee.

  5. 5

    Volunteer Needs/Concerns

    Bruce Clingan, Director/President

    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #333333}

    I know this has been a topic of concern we have discussed for a while, but I have serious concerns about our viability based on the volunteerism of our group.  This needs to be addressed and discussed.  The board of directors so far has handled 99% of all the work needed for the club this year and looking through to the end of the year I don’t see that number changing.  This is an unpaid board that is to provide direction and guidance to the corporation.  The corporation can’t hire someone to operate leagues and day to day activities.  While I don’t mind picking up the  tasks that come along with board level participation in a group it can’t be expected that the board conduct all of the operational tasks of the organization.  Build our house groups have still not met, and no progress is being made there.  While a handful of people have made documented and tangible effort to that project those members can be counted on one hand.  Our board cannot sustain day to day operations as well as all the league operations, as well as all the marketing, as well as managing and running a project of that magnitude.

    Minutes

    This discussion was done in executive session

    1. 5.1

      Review of Advisory Committee/ Board Roles

      Bruce Clingan, Director/President

      We need to discuss the membership of the advisory committee and the roles of the board.  We never replaced the "Secretary" after Matt left the board, this is a role that likely needs filled.

      Minutes

      Brians role on the advisory committee may be reshaped into a BOH chair per our BOH discussion.  Aaron volunteered to be secretary.

Ajax-loader-circle